I came to know the name Sarah Geronimo when she gave a heart - breaking rendition of the song Broken Vow from the original play in Meteor Rain (Meteor Garden II) when Sancia and Dao Ming Si were parting ways because of Yesha! I could only contain the overwhelming emotion from loss, love and soul of the story, the song and the singer.
I could only wonder with admiration and praise how a teenager and a novice can carry out a song with so much power and emotion.
Since her winning piece of "To Love You More" from Star For A Night hosted by Ms. Regine Velasquez, Sarah rose to stardom and has conquered the reigning title of Pop Princess.
But, just like any other successful leader or artist, Sarah went through a difficult ordeal of regular practices, unceasing singing contests and stage shows as early as 2 years old, and restrained lifestyle from a mediocre family earnings. But, these only directed Sarah to the kind of success she savors now.
And just like the famous author Helen Keller, a blind and deaf author-political activist, says, and I quote:
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved.
Sarah Geronimo is an inspiration to the youth that anyone can just dream big and do big in spite of financial limitations or social stature. With unbending will, anyone can do more to overcome his average skills.
And so, when I heard from GenSan News Online Mag that she is coming over again to General Santos CITY for a Sarah Geronimo-the Next One Concert, I feel that I must see this young lady perform live on December 11, 2009 at Lagao Gym.
I am only happier that once again, our beloved producer, Mr. Michael Wee and sponsors have initiated the 5 Reasons why you should watch ‘The Next One Concert’ BLOG Contest where any blogger can win fabulous prizes to this most awaited pop concert.
But, why should I watch this concert, let me present my overwhelming reasons.
1. Sarah Geronimo is an icon for DREAMS and MAGIC. A daughter of a retired PLDT father and a parlor owner, she proved that anyone who simply pursues his dreams in spite of economic limitations or otherwise, can conquer his dreams and make miracles and magic come to life.
2. Sarah Geronimo is an epitome of CHARACTER. In spite of what she had accomplished as a singer and performer, she never failed to remain humble, kind-hearted, dedicated and persevering.
In all the interviews I heard about her, never did I hear she complained about her long and hectic schedules or competitions with other rising singers or bragged about her earnings or assets.
She still remains to heed what her family would say and enjoys every time she can with her loved ones. No wonder, fans incuding me, continue to adore this sweet lady. She manifests values of respect, love for family and others, honor and dedication among other things which other people on and off showbiz fail to exhibit after all the glory and social recognition.
Sometimes, we have to humble ourselves for what we have achieved to really savor true happiness at its most basic definition. Sarah Geronimo makes my mindset this way.
3. Sarah Geronimo is a true ARTIST. As a young artist, she can capture her audience remarkably with the strength of her voice and with the heart of her songs. She can make her listeners feel every pain, joy, hope or loss from how she would deliver the songs. She can make an ordinary old song come to life and her stage energy can only influence you to enjoy the music, to enjoy life. She can perform with others without overwhelming them. This shows a strong sense of respect and humility for other artists.
4. Sarah Geronimo is LIFE. Being old is not easy at all. We seem to complain more and more about work, relationships, time and people. But, Sarah is a reminder of the kind of energy or lack thereof, when we were younger. She is reminder that we too in spite of our age, can have fun with what we do love, that we too can enjoy life because our loved ones are around us and that we can enjoy life because we have it in our hearts, that we can enjoy life through the lapses, and difficulties we have.
5. And lastly, I have to watch this concert because I shall be seeing more than one hope, more than one inspiration, and more than one remarkable artist. Sarah Geronimo and her guest performers, Jay-R, Billy Crawford, Mark Bautista, Simon Wood and Jimmy Marquez, shall be conquering the night and shall be filling us with heart-warming and inspiring songs that we can all use especially through our moments of despair and loss from political, economic and social turmoils the country is in.
They are young artists that make each one of us proud that we are Filipinos and that we have talents with great heart and humility at par with international renowned performers.
I have to see this concert because I am proud that I shall come to hear great songs from great Filipino artists.