The Philippine President, Ninoy Aquino, marked September 10 as a non - working holiday in celebration of Eid el-Fitr, a Muslim holiday that marks the end of Ramadan or fasting.
So, when long weekends are ahead of us, how can we make these long days productive. Here are my suggestions:
- read your long overdue novels;
- take your loved ones to a family swim;
- prepare a good picnic with friends or loved ones;
- go camping or hiking;
- travel to another city by road for few days;
- finish overdue works;
- enjoy classic movies;
- hit theater houses;
- play boardgames with kids or friends;
- a nice sit on a baywalk;
- sun tan and beach swim;
- gardening; and
- well, the list can go on. . .