Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Where is Your Honor in Cheating?

I was in my usual works of EC dropping when I first read the horrible incident of paid review copying of Juliana from Juliana's Lair. As a blogger, I write for several reasons, inclusive of which is for paid reviews. I had my usual ups and downs from doing this where the most recent was getting my review rejected for grammar errors after several grammar rechecking. OMG! It really made me stir! But, to actually know that other bloggers could have copied my hard-worked review, that could indeed make me bolt and spit anger!

I could only share the sentiment of Juliana to see her own work from someone else's blog and the case of Leomar, another Pinoy, on a paid review for only $2.00 was simply beyond reproach. Regardless of the paid review amount, this is now a question of principle. I just cant imagine how a blogger could actually be proud of her earnings simply from cheating and stealing.

I do copy images and thoughts on personal posts to at least support my conviction but I do give due credits to the sources. But to do this on paid reviews, goodness, I must be totally brainless to just steal the works of others.

So, I am taking my duty to spread awareness and responsibility by sharing this meme.

Please copy from here and share:


What is Plagiarism?

According to Dictionary, Plagiarism is the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one’s own original work.

To all Bloggers who exert effort to create noteworthy entries and who continue to maintain a Blog which is a reflection of who she / he is, ” Good job! ”

To those who have the desire to Blog but are merely scraping contents from other peoples materials, ” Whether you are monetizing your site to help you with your basic needs or to satisfy some of your wants, do it the proper way. Stop making money out of someone else’s work. Otherwise, you are nothing but a common thief! ”

Thank you!

Do grab this to spread this awareness of plagiarism and vigilance on copycats and thieves.

AddThis

Credits

Femikey