Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Ode to Mothers
– Kristin F. McKendall


Mothers are human, and can only do so much.

Mothers cannot do it all
But surely do they try.
Mothers hear the angel's call,
To comfort all who cry.
Mothers for themselves may fall,
For others they will fly.
Mother's bear the weight of all,
For their children,
they would die.
A Mother's gift extends beyond all bounds of time and space.
Her lovingness and nurturing make Earth a peaceful place.




Happy Mother's Day to all mom's,mom-pretends, acting mom's and soon-to-be moms. I got the poem and pictures above from http://www.mothersdaycentral.com/. They speak if not all how mom's love could be that great and enduring.

Every second Sunday of May is attributed to all the mom's in the world. We celebrate this as Mother's Day. But, we should note that we must continually express, Mother's Day or not, our undying appreciation,warmth, care and love to our Mom's, great or not. We cannot claim that all mom's are the best but, I believe when they choose to give birth to us, that alone is an expression of great love. And so, in spite of the bad choices for or actions they made on us, we should not cease in saying "I Love You Mom."

I was not really that close to my Nanay but then as we grow up, as we face life's troubles, I tend to recognize the sufferings she had to endure for me and my siblings. I began to heed what parenting really is when I started to have and raise my own child. So, I only feel gladness and love for my Nanay, who has forgotten her own basic needs just to raise us well, bring us the best education she and tatay can offer, instill in us the love and kindness for the family and others. So, what half I am now, I owe it well to my Nanay. Thank you, my beloved Nanay. You are the best!

AddThis

Credits

Femikey