Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Philippine Pres. Corazon Aquino: The Greatest Leader By Far


I for one has lost hope that my beloved country, Philippines will still improve from its lame and depressing state as politics is ill and so the prevailing culture that has somehow influenced and plagued adversely the condition of my country.

But, since the death of the nation's 11th president, Pres. Corazon "Cory" Aquino who died at 76, the country is stricken by a very grave loss. I had witnessed how vocal she was on political and social issues even after her leadership. In spite of her being a woman,plain housewife and a widow, she hurdled through several problems as a leader, woman and mother to every Filipino.

After hearing the eulogy of her friends, former subordinates, and even ordinary people, I could not
count the number of times that I cried. She is indeed a woman of prayer and morality that I wish every leader will honestly exhibit in and out of office. Will my country still have hope? I could only pray and work hard to make my nation better, to contribute to anyway I can to institute change. I guess if every Filipino will only set aside his personal motives, this nation can succeed and overcome the war of ill governance.

Tomorrow, August 5, 2009, is a special non-working holiday for the entire nation to give due honor and last respect to a great leader recognized and respected here and abroad.

To Pres. Cory Aquino, it's an honor to have known and witnessed your leadership and motherly concern for our country.

photo source: wikipedia.com

AddThis

Credits

Femikey